Dining tables are essential in every house because it joins all the people together to sit and eat together and secondly it looks beautiful which keeps the house organized. If you don’t have a dining table at home or you can’t afford to buy the expensive ones from the market then consider making a dining table by yourself from a reclaimed wood. You just need certain material and some steps to be followed which give you a fine dining table to decorate your house perfectly. You would need certain materials such as reclaimed wood, glue, jointers, mineral oil, scraper/sandpaper and a driller.
Steps to make a dining table from reclaimed wood:
- Decide how big you want the table to be. Cut the wood with a saw by taking the measurements.
- Trace the holes on the top side facing up with a driller to attach the jointer. Do the same on every side of the table.
- Now screw the vertical legs to the big top piece with the wood screws.
- Tighten the nuts you attach on each side of the dining table so that it is not loose.
- Take the wood sandpaper to make the wood smooth and refine. Now turn the table to the normal way and make it stand.
- As the wood is smooth, now you can paint it any color you want but brown or white would look the best as of matching to the interior of your house.
- To protect the surface of the table you can also use mineral oil so that it does not rust over time but as the time passes make sure to use it less.
If you follow these steps accordingly and accurately, I am sure you won’t have to face any trouble making a dining table by yourself from reclaimed wood.