There are a lot of ideas on making dining tables by yourself to decorate your house and one of them is making a dining table out of a door. If you have an old door which you are thinking to change in your home, do not throw it away, it can be really useful to create another furniture object in your house. All you need to do is to be creative and assemble some pieces together to make a perfect dining table for you and your family.
You do need drill, screws, saw, sandpaper, jointers, and four legs boards.
Steps to make a dining table out of a door
1. The normal height of a dining table it 30 inches long so cut the legs of the table according to that size by taking the measurements.
2. You have to make the skirt boards which hold the legs and table top together. Minus the 2 inches and then decide the length of the table according to the normal length.
3. Drill the holes on the skirt boards to attach the skirts with the table top. Use screws and tighten them so that the leg is not loose. Do the same for all four sides.
4. As all the assembling is done, turn the table to the proper position and sandpaper it. It will give a smooth surface to the table.
5. If you wish to add glass over the wood table top, you can attach that by purchasing the leveled table glass and attaching it with the glass rubber which can be removable later on. It gives a dining table more fancier look.
You can also paint the table to make it look beautiful furniture piece in your home. Place the dining chairs and enjoy the food with your family on the dining table out of a door which you made by yourself.
5 Ideas for how to turn an old door into a dining room table.