Fireplace is an important place in houses especially on colder areas and almost is constructed in all rooms to keep them warm. Although latest technology of home heating has introduced but these conventional and traditional elements are still part of life and keep you in touch with your original culture. Tiling around fireplace step by step is necessary that not only safe the fireplace but also make cleanliness and maintenance easy. Tiling around the fire place revitalizes its looks and enhances the charm of location. So it is quite healthy activity to maintain it with a little creativity. Although tiling around fireplace step by step is not a simple and easy task but having a systematic approach you can manage it successfully.
If you are going to renovate the fireplace in your home, first of all examine it for any damages or cracks. It should be repaired before tiling around. Repair solidly all damages and prepare it for decor with ceramic tiles. Following sequence will help you in tiling around fireplace step by step.
- Select tiles of your choice; dip them in water to make them ready for use.
- Clean the surface thoroughly for any dust or other impurities.
- Make paste of cement for joining the tiles to the surface.
- Apply the cement paste in a smooth layer on the surface. Start from the top of fireplace.
- Fix the tiles one after other adjoins to each other. After completing top start the sides of fireplace for fixing of tiles.
- Wipe off the additional cement paste with foam or clothe piece to make the neat finish.
- At the end clean the floor or step at the front of fireplace and apply cement paste as the base layer.
- Fix the tiles neatly and wipe off the extra cement paste. After completion the work clean the area around fireplace and let the fixation become solid.